On 16th December, KQF managing director Faruk Vali hosted the company’s annual staff meeting, which looked back on an eventful 2015.
Speaking at the annual group dinner and staff awards, Faruk noted the key achievements of the last twelve months, which included:
- Retaining KQF’s Class A rating under the BRC quality standard for food
- Investing further in more efficient production plant and processes
- Launching a joint venture with the Post Office in August 2015
- Launching a joint venture with SPAR in September 2015
- Introducing significant improvements to stock control systems
- Formally re-launching the KQF Superstore in October 2015
- Launching several successful new product ranges, including Halal Macon Rashers, three varieties of hot dog, five varieties of Gourmet burger and six varieties of Jumbo burger.
He also made the point that KQF now stands ready to enter the twentieth year of its history – the original ideas behind the company having been developed back in 1996. It took five years to see the first KQF production run in April 2001, so in 2016, the production department will be celebrating its fifteenth anniversary.
After a presentation that considered the rapid growth of halal consumer markets in the UK and the wider world, the KQF team then went on to review how the company’s latest foods fit with growing market trends and better general levels of awareness about health and diet. The Halal Macon rashers, for example, are not only the first HMC-certified alterative to bacon, they are also lower in fat and salt. Likewise, the new Gourmet range – also HMC certified – uses 90% lean beef, so these burgers are a great source of protein but they keep the fat content to a minimum.
The highlight of the event was the annual staff awards. Announcing them, Faruk noted that all the teams within KQF had made great efforts this year and that they had each made a vital contribution to the company’s continuing growth. However, certain individuals had stood out and these included:
- Lifetime achievement award – Umerji Musa Ahmed
- Bes Sales Performance – Hanif Dashu
- Best individual performance – Siraz Tadha
- Innovation – Vaishakhi Chhotai-Doshi
- Best retail butcher 2015 – Mohammed Idris
- Directors’ award 2015 – Shafi Mohammed & Iqram Patel
The evening concluded with a staff meal at East Lancashire Cricket Club in Blackburn.